“Lift while you climb.”
Dr. Trey Thygerson was raised in Colorado and is proud to be back in the state, serving the people he loves. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the Creighton University School of Dentistry, graduating with distinction in 2021. A lifelong learner, Dr. Thygerson regularly attends Continuing Education courses and has advanced training in dental implants.
Dr. Thygerson has been practicing in the Longmont, Colorado area for almost six months. As a dentist, his primary goal is providing high quality, comfortable, gentle and kind care. His motto for his life has always been, “lift while you climb.” Dr. Thygerson wants to help others progress in their oral health while continuing to grow as a leader.
Career & Personal Highlights
- Bachelor of Science in Finance and Marketing, the University of New Mexico
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, the Creighton University School of Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Special Care Dentistry Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of LDS Dentists
Outside of the Office
Dr. Thygerson is happily married, and he and his wife, Caitlin, have one son and one daughter, Royal and Alayeah, who he loves to spend time with whenever he gets the chance. In his free time, Dr. Thygerson also enjoys hiking, camping and exercising. He considers himself a foodie.
“I will not ask others to do what I am not willing to do myself. No job is too small or too big.”
Dr. Robert Christopher Goldtrap was born in Fort Smith, Arkansas, in 1970. He graduated from Southside High School in Fort Smith and attended undergraduate school at Colorado State University, after which he graduated from Arkansas Tech University in 1992. From August 1993 to August 1997, Dr. Goldtrap attended and graduated from the University of Tennessee School of Dentistry. He entered the U.S. Navy and became commissioned as a lieutenant in June 1997. He attended a general practice residency school at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
With his energetic and generous personality, Dr. Goldtrap empowers his patients to feel confident and proud of their smiles. His ultimate goal is to build a special bond with each patient that positively impacts their life, improves their self-esteem and changes how they view themselves.
Career & Personal Highlights
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Marketing, Arkansas Tech University, Arkansas
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, the University of Tennessee at Memphis, Tennessee
- General Practice Residency, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland
- Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
- Air War College, by correspondence
- Master of Business Administration in International Affairs, John Brown University, Arkansas
- Meritorious Service Medal
- American Dental Association®
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Lifetime member of the American Swimming Coaches Association
Outside of the Office
- Goldtrap volunteers as a USA swimming coach and official at swim meets.
- He is the proud father of five children. The best days of his life were when each of them was born.
- He loves to spend time outdoors: snow skiing, waterskiing, and hunting.
- His heroes are 911 firefighters or anyone who has given their lives so another could live.
Dr. Goldtrap’s Military Experience
Providing high-quality dentistry while serving our country.
Military Service History
- Colonel Robert Christopher Goldtrap is a dental officer and the Medical Operations Officer in Charge for the 189th Air Lift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas. He is responsible for the dental readiness and PH examinations of over 9,000 members, including the Chair of Aerospace Medicine and the DAWG.
- Colonel Goldtrap became a dental officer in August 1998 for the Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, NC, and served until his honorable discharge in June 2000.
- He re-commissioned in August 2004 as Officer in Charge of the Dental Department for the 188th Fighter Wing, Air National Guard, Fort Smith, Arkansas. He dually served as the Acting Commander of 188th Medical Group and Dental Commander from 2010-2011.
- He was the XO and Dental Commander for the 2009 Guatemala Humanitarian exercise.
- In 2013, he transferred to Air Force 920 ASTS reserve unit, serving as the Assistant Chief of Dental and a member of the promotion board at Air Force Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, CO.
- He re-commissioned back to Arkansas Air Nation Guard in 2015 as the 189th Medical Operations Squadron Commander, where he currently serves today.
- June 1997 – August 1997, Student, Officer Candidate School, Newport, Rhode Island
- August 1997 – August 1998, Officer, General Practice Residency, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland
- August 1998 – June 2000, Dental Officer, Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, North Carolina
- August 2004 – October 2013, Chief of Dental, 188th Medical Group, 188th Fighter Wing, ANG, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- February 2010 – Dec 2011, Acting Commander, 188th Medical Group, 188th Fighter Wing, ANG, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- October 2013 – October 2015, Assistant Chief of Dental, 920th ASTS, Patrick AFB, Florida
- October 2015 – Present, Medical Operations Squadron Commander, 189th AW, Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
- 1997 – 2000, US Navy
- 2004 – Present, Arkansas Air National Guard